jueves, 14 de septiembre de 2017

Thanks, Disney


Up, Andersen´s original ending.
Down, Disney´s own version of the tale.
When I was younger, I loved watching Disney´s animated films. They would make me laught, cry and smile, and when I grew up, I still watched them just for the memories, even though I knew every single line.  Movies like Snow white, Beauty and the beast or The hunchback of Notredame changed my percepcion of the world, which is the main reason why I like movies so much.

But little did I know that many of these movies were based on classic fairy tales. Before Disney released their versions, these stories were very different and darker. As soon as I discovered this, I started looking for the original books, and they gave me a new perspective of the stories I had grown up with. Suddenly The little mermaid became a tragedy, Cinderella was a violent story, and Peter Pan had a very deep meaning.

In the end, I guess Disney had a great influence on me. It made me want to read more, so I could increase my knowledge on a lot of films. It also showed me that books and films can have nothing in common, but both can still be incredible in its on way.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario