jueves, 14 de septiembre de 2017

Growing up with the Grimm´s tales


Since I was a little girl, I have loved reading all kinds of tales. I first became interested in them thanks to my dad, who would tell me stories like "Hansel and Grethel", “LittleRed Riding Hood” or “Snow-white” before sending me to bed. I have to admit that, also, Disney movies played a very important role in this matter (specifically the ones that were about princesses) because they made me want to know more about the stories behind their films.

Soon I learned that a majority of the tales that my father told me, were actually written by the Brothers Grimm (who in 1812 first published a collection fairy tales). This collection was called “Children's and Household Tales”, but today they are commonly known as “Grimms' Fairy Tales”.

So, I grew up reading adaptations of those magnificent stories and I ended up discovering that most of them were actually much darker than I remembered. But now, 2017, we can enjoy their stories in two new formats: in movies and in TV shows. By adaptating the tales to the screen we can actually make these tales come alive and, also, make them more modern. Humans have always wanted to create fictional worlds and characters, and by creating TV shows and films based on them, these tales are still relevant.

There has been a lot of adaptations to the screen of these stories, but here there are some of my personal favorites and the ones that have me enjoying the classical tales the most (you can watch their trailer by just clicking their image).

TV SHOWS

Grimm – 2011 – Fantasy, mistery, crime and drama

Once upon a time – 2011- Drama and fantasy

FILMS

Red Riding Hood – 2011- Romance horror
Snow white and the huntsman -2012- Fantasy and adventure
La Belle et la Bête – 2014 – Romance and fantasy




         



 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario